P450-Glo™ Assays Technical Bulletin
Instructions for Use of Product(s)
V8751, V8752, V8761, V8762, V8771, V8772, V8781, V8782, V8791, V8792, V8801, V8802, V8811, V8812, V8881, V8882, V8891, V8892, V8321, V8322, V8901, V8902, V8911, V8912, V9001, V9002, V8421, V8422
Literature # TB325
The P450-Glo™ Assays provide a luminescent method to measure cytochrome P450 activity. A conventional cytochrome P450 reaction is performed by incubating the cytochrome P450 and a luminogenic cytochrome P450 substrate. The substrates of the P450-Glo™ Assays are derivatives of beetle luciferin. The derivatives are not substrates for luciferase but are converted by cytochrome P450s to luciferin, which in turn reacts with luciferase to produce light. The amount of light produced is directly proportional to cytochrome P450 activity. All of the assays are biochemical assays (i.e., they may be performed using purified components or subcellular fractions). Many of these assays also can be used for cell-based CYP450 induction assays.
Summary of Change
The following change was made to the 9/16 version of this document:
Added vendor ordering information for salicylamide in Sections 10.B and 10.C.
Printed in USA. Revised 9/16.
- P450-Glo™ Screening Systems Technical Bulletin
- P450-Glo™ CYP450 Assays Automated Protocol
- Miniaturized Cell-Based and Biochemical Assays Using the Deerac Fluidics Equator™ NS-808 Eight-Tip Pipetting System Automated Protocol
- Miniaturized HTS Assays Using the Aurora Discovery BioRAPTR® FRD® Workstation Automated Protocol
- P450-Glo™ CYP3A4 Assay and Screening Systems
- P450-Glo™ CYP1A1 Assay System
- P450-Glo™ CYP1A2 Assay and Screening Systems
- P450-Glo™ CYP1B1 Assay System
- P450-Glo™ CYP2B6 Assay and Screening Systems
- P450-Glo™ CYP2C19 Assay and Screening Systems
- P450-Glo™ CYP2C8 Assay System
- P450-Glo™ CYP2C9 Assay and Screening Systems
- P450-Glo™ CYP2D6 Assay and Screening Systems
- P450-Glo™ CYP3A7 Assay System