Effective: April 5, 2021
What Are Cookies and Similar Technologies?
- Cookies are small data files stored on your browser or device. They may be served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting (“first-party cookies”) or by other companies (“third-party cookies”). For example, we partner with third-party analytics providers, like Google, to set cookies when you visit our website. This helps us understand how you are using our services so that we may improve them.
- Pixels are small images on a web page or in an email. Pixels collect information about your browser or device and can set cookies.
- Local storage allows data to be stored locally on your browser or device and includes an HTML5 local storage and browser cache.
Why Do We Use These Technologies?
How Do Cookies and Similar Technologies Interact with Your Devices?
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, when you first visit our site, we will ask your permission to set certain non-essential cookies and other similar technologies on your device. It is entirely up to you whether you consent or not (although some aspects of the site may not work as well if you do not consent), and you can change your mind at any time. See How to Manage Your Cookies below for more details.
What Cookies Do We Use?
For a list of the cookies we deploy on our website and their relevant categories, please click this link: Promega Cookie Usage.
If you access our mobile application, the advertising identifier associated with your device or other identifiers may be recorded and used for purposes similar to those of cookies.
If you visit a page that we maintain on a social media site, such as Facebook, it is likely that cookies will also be deployed on your device. The social media site deploys these cookies, even on the pages we maintain, so you will need to use the settings provided by the social media site to change your cookie preferences on these sites.
How to Manage Your Cookies
- If you are located in the EEA, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you can withdraw your consent to non-essential cookies at any time by altering your settings in the ‘Manage Cookie Consent’ link accessible at the bottom of our website.
- Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or disable cookies. If you clear or disable cookies, however, some of the features of our services may not function properly.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- For information on how our advertising partners allow you to opt out of receiving ads based on your web browsing history, please visit https://optout.aboutads.info/. European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising through the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
- If you visit a page that we maintain on a social media site, such as Facebook, it is likely that cookies will also be deployed on your device. The social media site deploys these cookies, even on the pages we maintain, so you will need to use the settings provided by the social media site to change your cookie preferences on these sites. To opt out of ads on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, or Google that are targeted to your interests, use your Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, or Google Ads settings.
- Additionally, third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see customized ads.
2800 Woods Hollow Road
Madison, WI 53711 USA