Consciousness of Connection – Awakening from Despair to Awe: 2021 International Forum on Consciousness to Explore Connections That Support Mutual Flourishing
General public invited to join thought leaders in psychiatry, business, neurobiology May 20-21 for virtual conversations on connections that transcend and transform
Madison, WI USA. (March 31, 2021)
Researchers, clinicians and other thought leaders in psychiatry, business, neurobiology and more, including Daniel Siegel, M.D., clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine and founding co-director of the Mindful Awareness Research Center at UCLA, will gather virtually May 20-21 to engage in a compelling conversation of “Consciousness of Connection – Awakening from Despair to Awe” at the 2021 International Forum on Consciousness.
This year’s forum explores methods to cultivate connection and support mutual flourishing. Presenters will examine the kinds of connections that transcend individual selves and reach an inner desire to be part of an interconnected world, specifically examining connection across the primary aspects of life:
- Self, and the many selves in our neural networks
- Others, and the multiple communities we intersect
- Nature, and the breadth of life around us
Experienced professionals, along with interested general public, are invited to join this journey to broaden curiosity and appreciate the energy that can only emerge with connection. Attendees will have opportunities to ask questions during live question and answer periods following presentations and panel discussions.
Details & Registration
- What: 2021 International Forum on Consciousness: “Consciousness of Connection - Awakening from Despair to Awe”
- When: May 20-21, 2021; event schedule
- Where: Hosted virtually online; link will be shared one week before event
- Who: Open to the general public
- Registration: $150; Click here to register. (Scholarships are available.)
Find more information at www.btci.org/forum
The International Forum on Consciousness is an annual event dedicated to information-sharing and discussion regarding important—and often challenging—topics related to the exploration of consciousness. It is co-hosted by the BioPharmaceutical Technology Center Institute (BTC Institute) and Promega Corporation. Find abstracts and videos of previous Forums here.
- Heather Berlin, DPhil, MPH, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Michael J. Gelb, Author, Motivational Speaker, Consultant, Juggler; Sleepy Hollow, NY
- Rachelle C. Sampson, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Business and Public Policy, Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, College Park, MD; Senior Policy Scholar, Center for Business and Public Policy, Georgetown University, Washington DC
- Kim Samuel, Founder & Fierce Believer in the Right to Belong, Samuel Centre for Social Connectedness, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Daniel Siegel, M.D., Founding Co-Director, Mindful Awareness Research Center (MARC); Clinical Professor of Psychiatry; Editor-in-Chief, Norton Professional Series in Interpersonal Neurobiology; Co-Investigator, UCLA Center for Culture, Brain & Development, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- Rosalind Watts, Ph.D., Clinical Director, The Synthesis Institute, Zandvoort, North Holland
- Andreas Weber, Ph.D., Writer and Independent Scholar, Berlin, Germany
About the BTC Institute
The BTC Institute is a not-for-profit organization operated exclusively for educational, scientific and cultural purposes. Learn more about its K–12 programs, scientific course offerings, and annual educational forums and symposia at btci.org.
About Promega Corporation
Promega Corporation is a leader in providing innovative solutions and technical support to the life sciences industry. The company’s product portfolio of over 4,000 products support a range of life science work across areas such as cell biology; DNA, RNA and protein analysis; drug development; human identification and molecular diagnostics. For over 40 years these tools and technologies have grown in their application and are used today by scientists and technicians in labs for academic and government research, forensics, pharmaceuticals, clinical diagnostics and agricultural and environmental testing. Promega is headquartered in Madison, WI, USA with branches in 16 countries and over 50 global distributors.