As Promega celebrates 40 years of supporting science, we reflect on how we can continue contributing to the advancement of science for improving life around the globe. In a rapidly changing world, we look for qualities that stand the test of time—the sense that we can seek and create purpose and meaning for ourselves as
individuals, as an organization and in the larger community of customers, suppliers and stakeholders.
Promega exists on an evolutionary frontier where the values of science, business and human well-being intersect. Acknowledging these interdependencies, Promega cultivates its environment to allow employees to flourish, develop deep and enduring relationships with all constituencies and create intelligent life-science solutions.
Promega continues to reflect a set of living values that include:
- Contributing to the advancement of science for improving life in the global community.
- Appreciating that we operate as an adaptable living organism in
which each element and human contribution are a vital part of a whole,
capable of responding to the emerging complexities of our time.
- Encouraging personal development through inner and outer exploration and self-awareness practices.
- Recognizing that both work and home are places to cultivate
wholeness and wholeheartedness through learning, offering the best of
ourselves, integrating new insights and developing inner and outer
qualities that allow each individual to be present and engaged.
- Rewarding and acknowledging achievement through creativity, risk taking, process improvements and innovation.
- Promoting adaptability and flexibility in the workplace.
As a business focused on the long-term, we appreciate the importance
of maintaining meaningful dialogue with all our stakeholders–customers,
employees, suppliers, community and shareholders. In
2017, we initiated a self-reflective pilot project to better understand
the importance of material issues to our stakeholders and their
organizations. Consistent with the GRI (Global Reporting Initiative),
the Promega 360 Pilot Project has provided valuable input and
perspective on how our organization impacts and aligns in key areas of
importance. We will continue to seek this type of reflective feedback
and dialogue in the year ahead.