A Personal Instrument for Sanger Sequencing and Fragment Analysis
The Spectrum Compact CE System is an affordable and efficient sequencer that gives you the flexibility to perform Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis in your laboratory, at your convenience.
Take Control of Your Experiments
Sequence samples on your own benchtop with single-base-pair resolution and 6-dye fragment analysis multiplex.
Bring Sequencing Capabilities to Your Entire Team
An easy-to-use interface and plug-and-play consumables make sequencing accessible to everyone in your lab.
Sequence Samples Without the Wait
No more waiting to batch samples or depending on a sequencing service.
Get the Support You Want
To get you started, we provide on-site installation and personalized training.
Optimized for a Broad Range of Sequencing and Fragment Analysis Applications
- Human Identification
- Human Cell Line Identification and Authentication
- Cell and Gene Therapy Quality Control
- Mixed Sample and Chimerism Analysis
- Microsatellite Instability (MSI) Analysis
- Multiplex Ligation-Dependent Probe Amplification (MLPA)
- Single-nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) Genotyping
- Targeted Sanger Sequencing
- Resequencing for Mutation Detection
- NGS Confirmation
- Mitochondrial DNA Sequencing
- BAC Sequencing
- Methylation Sequencing
- Viral Genotyping
- Plasmid Sequencing
- Clone Construction Verification
- Microbial Species Identification
- SARS-CoV-2 Identification
- De novo Sequencing
Unlimited Support for Your Lab
We understand that your work can’t stop, and we’re dedicated to making your transition to the Spectrum Compact CE System as smooth as possible.
On-site installation, operational training and preventive maintenance are included with purchase of the instrument.
We’ll help you get your specific assays running as soon as possible with confidence. Our Scientific Applications Scientists can provide you and your team with hands-on chemistry and applications training.
Before you even purchase the Spectrum Compact CE System, you can also send your sample to our Applications Lab. Our scientists will analyze your samples so you can see what your data looks like when run on the Spectrum Compact CE System.
Want to See Spectrum Compact for Yourself?
Plug-and-Play Prefilled Consumables
Save money and reduce reagent waste with separate plug-and-play consumables that are managed via a 2D barcode system.
A. Capillary Cartridge
- 4-Capillary, 36cm.
- Located behind the oven door.
- Easily installed by snapping into place and lies flat against oven to maintain migration stability.
- Sufficient for 1200 samples (300 injections and no hard-stops).
B. Anode Buffer Cartridge
- Contains the buffer for the anode electrode.
- Sufficient for 320 samples (80 injections).
C. Sample Cartridge
- Holds up to four 8-well strip tubes for a total of 32 samples.
D. Cathode Buffer Cartridge
- Contains the buffer for the cathode electrodes.
- Sufficient for 320 samples (80 injections).
E. Polymer Cartridge
- Contains the respective denaturing polymer (Polymer4 or Polymer7) for Sanger sequencing or fragment analysis.
- Sufficient for 96 samples (24 injections). Only hard-stop is insufficient polymer.
What's Included With Your Spectrum Compact CE System Purchase?
- Secure remote access software for instrument access via an internal network
- Excel® workbooks for easy “Protocol” and “Strip Setup” import
- ProView™ Sequencing Software
- One-year standard warranty with additional installation, operational training and preventative maintenance
- Additional data analysis software options are available
- Starter kit consumables and reagents are sold separately
How Can We Help?Promega scientists are available to chat about the instrument and how the Spectrum Compact CE System fits into your workflow.
Mixed Sample Analysis
The Spectrum Compact CE System was used with the GenePrint® 24 System to detect low-level contributors in mixed samples.
Cell Line AuthenticationThe Spectrum Compact CE System was used with the GenePrint® Systems to perform cell line authentication.
Microsatellite Instability (MSI)The Spectrum Compact CE System offers the sensitivity, precision and consistency necessary for effective MSI analysis.
The founding manager of CellBank Australia explains how cell line authentication helps avoid mistakes in research.
Human mixture sample analysis on the Spectrum Compact CE System
Promega and Eppendorf discuss how to incorporate good cell culture practice into a daily laboratory routine
Looking for More?
Explore more information on the Spectrum Compact CE System, as well as data and video resources.