Our continued and evolving focus on diversity and inclusion is fueled by a drive to foster a work environment that respects and accommodates various perspectives, traditions, heritages and lived experiences. This priority influences how we hire, support employees and contribute to the community. Many of these initiatives are demonstrated throughout this report. Some examples include:
- Expanded employee benefits to support a wider spectrum of life events and experiences
- Added more inclusive language to Promega Employee Resource Guide and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Created gender-neutral restrooms in Promega Madison buildings
- Developed self-guided courses on accessibility
- Added DEI-related questions to climate surveys and performance conversations
- Implemented new culture add training sessions for hiring managers to improve recruitment and onboarding process
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Team is made up of employees ranging from senior leadership to individual contributors working together to advance the company's DEI values. Developed out of a call from employees for a safe space to discuss and learn about DEI related topics, the group offers a place for questions and ideas, as well as a centralized way to prioritize, act on and report DEI initiatives to better support all employees.
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are self-directed, employee-driven groups that dedicate time and energy toward growing DEI knowledge within themselves, their teams, and the greater company culture to support the whole of Promega as a Community of Belonging. Promega ERGs form and evolve in response to employee needs. Examples include:
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Support (AAPI)
- Awareness and Learning
- Community Support and Partnerships
- Health Advocacy & People with Disabilities
- Latinx and Indigenous Peoples
Respecting Human Rights
As a member of the UN Global Compact, Promega follows all regulations regarding employment and has zero tolerance for violations of human rights. We are committed to upholding and advancing the Universal Declaration of Human Rights by developing productive business relationships around the world to continue working cooperatively among different customs and cultures.
- Protecting children from exploitation
- Protecting all workers from modern slavery
- Paying at least minimum wage
- Maintaining/providing safe working conditions
Promega complies with all local workplace regulations and ensures that our employees and community members are treated with respect and dignity. We hold the same expectations for our suppliers and look to align with organizations that uphold international human rights and labor standards.