The PDE-Glo™ Phosphodiesterase Assay is a luminescent, high-throughput screening (HTS) method for measuring cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase (PDE) activity from purified sources.
Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases are involved in many cellular processes due to their ability to hydrolyze, and thus control, the levels of the second-messenger signaling molecules cAMP and cGMP.
The availability of selective inhibitors for PDEs has facilitated their use as tools to study cyclic nucleotide signaling and paved the way to investigate the role of PDEs in cellular and tissue pathologies. The PDE-Glo™ Assay is used for screening library compounds to identify inhibitors of either cAMP- or cGMP-specific PDEs. The assay is designed for 384-well plates, but volumes can easily be scaled for 96- or 1536-well plates. The PDE-Glo™ Phosphodiesterase Assay is optimized to work with both cAMP- and cGMP-dependent phosphodiesterases. The total time required for the assay from start to finish is less than 1 hour after the PDE reaction is complete.
- Test any PDE: Works with both cAMP and cGMP PDEs.
- Detect activity easily: No interference from fluorescent compounds.
- Measure activity directly: Functional test for enzyme activity performed with a low-cost luminometer.
- Excellent signal:background.
- Scalable to 1536-well formats.
Fast and Easy to Use
- Homogenous assay is complete in <1 hour.
Proven Luminescence Technology
- Powered by Ultra-Glo™ Recombinant Luciferase.
- No interference by fluorescent compounds.