Promega Blogs and Communities Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Use of Promega Blogs and Communities
The Terms and Conditions of Use apply to you when you view, access or otherwise use the Promega Connections blog located at http://promega.wordpress.com/ or any Promega product user forum (the "Web site"). The Web site is owned by Promega. Promega grants you a nonexclusive, nontransferable, limited right to access, use and display the Web site and the materials provided hereon, provided that you comply fully with the Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Accuracy. All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Promega makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.
- Opinion. Any opinions expressed on the Web site, and those providing comments, are those of the individual authors alone, and do not reflect the opinions of the Promega or any employee thereof.
- Copyright Notice. All materials published on or used on the Web site are protected by copyright, and are owned or controlled by or licensed to Promega, or the party listed as the provider of the materials. UNAUTHORIZED COPYING, REPRODUCTION, REPUBLISHING, UPLOADING, POSTING, TRANSMITTING OR DUPLICATING OF ANY OF THE MATERIAL IS PROHIBITED. You may download any downloadable materials displayed on the Web site only for personal, noncommercial and informational purposes, provided that the documents are not modified and provided you maintain and abide by all copyright, trademark and other notices contained in such material.
- Copyright Notification. Promega respects the intellectual property rights of others. Upon proper notice, Promega will remove user posted comments, posts, messages, or other submissions on or to the Web site that violate copyright law, or suspend access to the Web site (or any portion thereof) to any user who repeatedly uses the Web site in violation of copyright law.
Pursuant to 17 U.S.C § 512, Promega has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed copyright infringement and for processing such claims in accordance with such law. If you believe your work has been used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send Promega a notification of claimed infringement with all of the following information: (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Promega to locate the material on the Web site; (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit Promega to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address; (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (e) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and (f) your physical or electronic signature. Please provide us with a notice that includes all of the above enumerated information ("Notice of Infringement") and fax or mail it to the following address:
Attn: General Counsel
2800 Woods Hollow Road
Madison, WI 53711
By submitting a Notice of Infringement, you acknowledge and agree that Promega may forward your Notice of Infringement and any related communications to any users who posted the material identified in such notice.
- Commercial Use of Promega Web site Materials and Screen Shots. Reproduction, copying, or redistribution of materials on the Web site for commercial purposes is prohibited without the express written permission of Promega.
- Links to Other Web sites, web sites and/or Materials. Links may appear on the Web site that may be used to link to other Web site(s) or web sites. These links are provided solely as a courtesy to our Web site visitors. Promega has no control over the linked sites or the materials, information, goods or services available or contained on these linked sites. Promega is not responsible for and does not endorse or warrant in any way any materials, information, goods or services available through such linked sites or any privacy or other practices of such sites. If you decide to access any of the linked sites, you do so entirely at your own risk. Promega reserves the right to terminate any link at any time.
- Prohibited Actions. You agree not to interrupt, or attempt to interrupt, the operation of the Web site in any way. Unauthorized use or modification of any information stored on the Web site may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution under Federal, State and local law. You may not use the Web site for anything other than a lawful and legitimate purpose. You agree not to use the Web site to carry out any unauthorized alteration of any data or information on the Web site or to conduct any activity that infringes on the copyright, patent, trademark, service mark or other rights of any person or entity. You shall not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any service conducted on the Web site. The Web site is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 19. We reserve the right to limit or deny your access to the Web site or take other appropriate action if you violate any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use or if you conduct any activity that violates the rights of any person or entity, or which we in our sole discretion deem unlawful, offensive, threatening, abusive or potentially harmful or malicious.
- Modification of Terms and Conditions of Use. Promega reserves the right to revise these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by updating this posting. Your continued use of the Web site constitutes your agreement to comply with such revisions, so you should visit this page from time to time.
- E-mail May Not Be Used to Provide Notice. Communications made through the Web site’s e-mail and messaging system shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to Promega or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives, such as where notice to Promega is required by contract, or any federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations.
- Disclaimer; Limitation of Damages.
(i) Promega expressly disclaims all liability for any viruses or other contamination of your computer system or other device used to access this Web site as a result of your use of this Web site, and expressly disclaims all liability for actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this Website. THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, PROMEGA MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
(ii) USE OF THE WEB SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SOFTWARE) ACCESSED THROUGH OR OBTAINED BY MEANS OF THE WEB SITE.
- Applicable Laws; Venue. Promega operates the Web site from its offices in Wisconsin and makes no representations that materials in the Web site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. The display of the Web site alone does not subject Promega to any specific jurisdiction. Access to the Web site from any territory where the content is illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access the Web site from other locations, you do so at your own risk and are solely responsible for compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You may not use or export any of the Web site materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim related to the use of the Web site or to the Web site materials shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin as applied to agreements made and to be performed entirely therein. Any action arising out of or related to the access, use, content, or existence of this Web site shall be filed only in the appropriate state or federal court located within the State of Wisconsin. The access, viewing or use of this Web site constitutes the user's express permission and consent to the jurisdiction of the state and/or federal courts of the State of Wisconsin for purposes of such actions.
User Forum Community Guidelines
Promega communities are inteded for idea exchange, conversation, and discussion between users interested in specific technologies or scientific topics. Forums are not intended for general product support or ordering support. Please visit www.promega.com/support for more information.
- While we encourage open and honest conversation, we reserve the right to edit or remove comments that contain offensive, obscene or profane language.
- Please be respectful of others. Respect the opinions and the privacy of other members. Do not disclose information about other members without their consent.
- All posts will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Please do not post any personal information, photographs or data that you do not want publicly disclosed.
- Do not post copyrighted material without proper attribution.
- No advertising or posting of inappropriate links. Any content deemed to be SPAM will be removed.
- Follow a discussion to get notifications of new comments. You can edit notification settings from your profile.
- Be clear. Choose concise and meaningful titles for topics that you post, so that others can clearly identify the subject of each discussion.
For futher information, see the Terms and Conditions for Promega Blogs and Communities.