International Presence, Local Impact
Corporate Citizenship: Globally and Locally
Promega provides innovative biological reagents and systems worldwide, with 16 branches, distributors and direct channels serving over 100 countries.
- Employees are encouraged to partner with community groups to support charitable, educational and professional development.
- Promega is a significant supporter of Woods Hollow Children's Center in Madison, WI, to provide affordable and vital early childhood education and care. Woods Hollow offers a rich experience in a setting that allows children to explore and create.
- Promega provides ongoing support to the nonprofit Biopharmaceutical Technology Center Institute (BTCI), an organization that encourages lifelong learning through the development of free and low-cost educational opportunities in the life sciences.
Promega provides a thoughtful work place that considers the surrounding community and sustainable practice.
- Natural materials, expansive windows with views of the adjacent prairie and ample creative spaces contribute to a productive, engaging work environment.
- Onsite retail partners—including a spa, yoga studio, salon and eyeglass shop—provide easy access to in-demand services. This complements other convenience services, including dry cleaning pick-up, onsite car care, no-fee ATMs and adjacent childcare facilities.
- An onsite curator maintains a library of rotating art installations that enhance the campus and build community via ongoing cultural events, including a quarterly gallery show and reception.
- The prairie landscape that surrounds the primary campus incorporates stones, water and native plants to promote a feeling of harmony and balance.
Adhering to a stringent sustainability program, Promega develops facilities, products and environmental programs that strive to incorporate thoughtful use of resources.
- In 2010, Promega joined the UN Global Compact, demonstrating its growing commitment to sustainable development.
- Promega is committed to sustainable operations that include environmentally friendly shipping boxes, use of high-efficiency vehicles in commercial fleets, and use of renewable energy sources wherever possible.
- Use of renewable energy has increased 16-fold since founding our sustainability program.
- Since 2009 Promega has offset over 1,600 tons of CO2 by planting trees.
Healthy, Sustainable and Balanced Living
Wellbeing extends beyond physical health. Promega campuses feature native gardens with walking paths and dedicated meditative spaces to encourage total wellness.
- Every Promega facility offers a wellness or fitness center to help make staying active and fit convenient.
- The Promega Wellness Center is staffed by a full-time nurse practitioner offering convenient care and wellness checks at no cost to employees and their spouses and partners.
- Community gardens encourage employees to grow their own vegetables on-campus. Tilling and garden tools are provided free of charge.
- Walking trails, groomed ski trails and snow shoe trails provide outdoor activity in during the winter.
- Competitive benefits package including health, dental, life and disability insurance as well as 401K and time off benefits to eligible employees.
Multiple cafeteria spaces offer locally sourced culinary specialties that reflect the diversity of taste that exists throughout the company.
- Promega Culinary Operations provides daily, monthly and seasonal specials in its onsite cafeterias. The main café also offers catering services for Promega on-site events.
- Promega partners with a regional farmers group, providing space on its campus for a weekly farmers market featuring fresh fruits, vegetables, baked goods and other locally made products.
Personal Growth Fostered by Innovation
Bringing Employees Together
Career plays a huge part in our lives. To express its deep appreciation for employee contributions, Promega offers support services that range from the practical, like onsite cafeterias and libraries, to the celebratory, including parties, receptions and picnics.
- The Promega Social Committee organizes regular events that include themed happy hours, sports outings, holiday parties and nonprofit fundraisers.
- A campus-like feel with "third spaces" fosters creativity and transports employees beyond the traditional home-and-work dichotomy.
- A dedicated "Ideation Center" is available for meetings, creative work, brainstorming sessions and other events.
Individuals Make a Difference
At Promega, both the collective and the individual are celebrated, with multiple outlets for creative and personal development.
- Employees are encouraged to share their personal expertise via custom-designed classes. Several of venues are available for fitness classes, lunch-and-learns and other educational programming.
- Each individual employee is essential for the production of quality products and services for our customers.
- Promega realizes that often the best ideas come from the employees who are engaged in the day-to-day work of the company. Several key initiatives at Promega in areas including production, packaging, shipping, wellness, and research and development, began as ideas or suggestions for improvement from an employee.
- Employees work in similar, nonhierarchical spaces to facilitate collaboration and interaction.
- Promega re-invests more than 10% of revenues into research and development each year. In 2013, that investment yielded 30 new product offerings in cellular analysis, genetic identity and integrated solutions product lines.
- Promega holds significant intellectual property on key technologies including STR, bioluminescence, and HaloTag® platforms. Promega scientists are named as individual inventors on these Promega patents.
- Promega recognizes the importance of training and professional development for employees. In 2013, Promega spent 1.1 million dollars on training and professional development for employees.