Reporter Gene Assays are powerful tools for studying gene regulation and serving as indicators of specific cellular signals. By cloning a promoter or 3´-UTR of interest into a plasmid containing the NanoLuc® Luciferase reporter gene, it is possible to study elements in these DNA sequences that regulate gene expression. Alternatively, by inserting defined elements known to bind to different classes of transcription factors or enhancers into these vectors, assays measuring cell signaling pathways that activate these factors can be built.
- Sensitive Detection at Low Expression Levels: The high-intensity luminescence of the NanoLuc® enzyme combined with low autoluminescence of the furimazine substrate allows sensitive detection of low levels of luciferase expression, even in difficult experimental systems such as primary cells with poor transfection or expression from endogenous promoters.
- Limited Risk of Disrupting Natural Biology: Because NanoLuc® Luciferase is small (19kDa; 516bp), it can be used in applications where gene size is critical, such as viral packaging.
- Destabilized and Secreted Forms Available: NanoLuc® luciferase is also available in destabilized form for rapid response to changes in gene expression and in secreted form for extracellular detection from live samples.
For standard assays, the Nano-Glo® Luciferase Assay provides a simple, "add-and-read" method for measuring NanoLuc® fusion protein abundance.
View Nano-Glo® Luciferase Assay System
The NanoGlo® Dual Luciferase Reporter Assay allows you to detect the activities of firefly and NanoLuc luciferase in a single, convenient format. The improved firefly chemistry coupled with the sensitivity of NanoLuc luciferase make this the most sensitive, most powerful dual-reporter assay available.
Learn more about NanoDLR
- Greater Sensitivity at Low Expression Levels
- Your Choice of Two Primary Reporters-use NanoLuc, Firefly or both as dynamic reporters
- Better Control, More Reliable Data
Long-term live cell detection of NanoLuc® luciferase is possible with new Nano-Glo® Live Cell Reporter Substrates under development. Please inquire using the link below if you are interested in testing these substrates.
The Nano-Glo® assay is detected with a microplate luminometer, such as the GloMax® Discover. Learn more about GloMax® Discover here.
Discover NanoLuc® Luciferase
The small size and bright luminescence of NanoLuc® Luciferase bring exquisite sensitivity to reporter assays and new possibilities to diverse bioluminescence applications.
Discover NanoLuc® Luciferase
New ways to understand protein interactions, identify the partners involved, and decipher their biological significance.
Quantify the interaction between a molecule and a protein in real time, live cell assays.
BRET-based biosensors to detect signaling events inside and outside of the cell.
Monitor changes in intracellular protein abundance with NanoLuc® fusion proteins.
Sensitive, bright bioluminescent imaging in cells and whole animals.