PowerPlex® ESX 17 System for Use on the Applied Biosystems® Genetic Analyzers Technical Manual
Instructions for Use of Product(s)
Literature # TMD024
The PowerPlex® ESX 17 System allows co-amplification and four-color fluorescent detection of seventeen loci, including D18S51, D21S11, TH01, D3S1358, Amelogenin, D16S539, D2S1338, D1S1656, D10S1248, FGA, D8S1179, vWA, D22S1045, D19S433, D12S391, D2S441 and SE33. This system includes a proprietary 5X master mix that contains hot-start Taq DNA polymerase, buffer, salts, MgCl2 and dNTPs. The PowerPlex® ESX 17 System is compatible with the Applied Biosystems 3130, 3130xl, 3500 and 3500xL Genetic Analyzers.
Summary of Changes
The following changes were made to the 9/21 version of this document:
1. Removed discontinued Cat.# DC6721.
2. Added ProFlex® PCR System and removed GeneAmp® PCR System 2720.
3. Added instructions for using reaction tubes in amplification reactions (Section 4).
4. Updated Section 6.L.
5. Revised Section 7.
6. Incorporated other general updates.
7. Moved into a new template.