Summary of the CRISPR DIY Process
- Design and order your guide RNA, donor DNA and Cas9.
- Obtain rights to synthesize the HiBiT tag.
- Work with an oligo provider to obtain the required materials.
- Perform the gene-editing step to add the HiBiT tag to the target of interest.
- Assay the cell pool or move forward with clone isolation.
CRISPR DIY Resources
A Practical Guide to CRISPR-Mediated Gene Tagging with a Bioluminescent Peptide
Learn about a simple and efficient method for CRISPR-mediated HiBiT tagging that requires no molecular cloning steps, taking you from gene editing to assaying endogenous biology in as little as 24 hours.
Protocol for Adding a HiBiT Tag to an Endogenous Gene Using CRISPR
An illustrated step-by-step procedure for clone-free CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing to insert the HiBiT tag into an endogenous locus.
Studying Endogenous Protein Dynamics with CRISPR-Mediated Tagging: Understanding Your Options
A comprehensive discussion of methods for knock-in of protein tags, and results of assays to measure endogenous protein function.