MEK Inhibitor U0126 is a chemically synthesized organic compound that inhibits activation of MAPK (ERK 1/2) by inhibiting the kinase activity of MAP Kinase Kinase (MAPKK or MEK 1/2). U0126 inhibits MEK1 with an IC50 of 0.5μM (in vitro). It has been used in both in vivo and in vitro studies of MEK. The chemical identity of MEK Inhibitor U0126 has been confirmed by proton NMR spectroscopy.
Supplied as a dried material. Resuspend 1mg in 234μl of DMSO to produce a stock solution of 10mM.
- DeSilva, D.R. et al. (1998) J. Immunol. 160, 4175–81.
- Favata, M. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 18623–32.
- Goueli, S. et al. (1998) Promega Notes 69, 6–8.
- Tolwinski, N.S. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 6168–74.
- Li, C. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 6747–53.
- Duncia, J.V. et al. (1998) Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 8, 2839–44.