Multiplex Real-Time PCR
The Plexor® qPCR and RT-qPCR Systems are multiplex-capable real-time amplification systems using novel base pair chemistry. Each target is measured directly during the amplification process and not through a secondary reaction. Plexor® reactions require only two primers for each target.
The Plexor® Systems work by measuring a reduction in fluorescent signal during amplification. Amplification uses only two primers, one of which contains both a fluorescent tag and modified base. As amplification proceeds, fluorescence is reduced by site-specific incorporation of a fluorescent quencher inserted opposite the complementary modified base. The quencher is in close proximity to a fluorescent dye located on the end of the primer, resulting in a reduction in fluorescent signal. After PCR, a melt analysis can be performed to provide an internal control for the final assay design or to expedite troubleshooting during development. The system also includes a proprietary reagent to minimize primer-dimer formation.
- Simplify Multiplex Performance: Only two primers are required for each target, making the design of multiplex assays much easier.
- Improve Productivity: Less labor, less time and less cost per assay. Measure controls and targets at the same time in the same well.
- Enjoy Convenience: The master mix format provides everything you need in one tube. Combine with your template and primers.
- Obtain Strong Data: Plexor® Systems measure a reduction in fluorescent signal during amplification. Quenching is directly proportional to amplicon accumulation. After amplification, a melt analysis can be performed to provide an internal control for specificity.
- Use Your Existing Real-Time Instruments: Plexor® technology works on most currently available real-time instruments capable of measuring more than one fluor. The free Plexor® Analysis Software allows users to import and analyze data from their preferred instrument platform. For an up-to-date list of supported instruments, visit the Plexor® Resources page.
- Three Simple Steps to Use Plexor® Systems:
- Step 1. Design Your Assay: Choose your primer sets, then order from your preferred oligo provider.
- Step 2. Run the Assay: Instruction manuals are available for a wide variety of real-time instruments including those from Applied Biosystems and Roche.
- Step 3. Analyze Your Data: Export the raw data from your real-time instrument, then import into the free Plexor® Analysis Software. The Plexor® software converts the quenching data into cycle threshold (Ct) values and generates standard curves.
- SNP genotyping.
Visit the Plexor® Resources page to learn more.
- Johnson, S.C. et al. (2004) Nucl. Acids Res. 32, 1937–41.
- Frackman, S. et al. (2005) Promega Notes 90, 2–4.
- Sherrill, C.B. et al. (2004) J. Am. Chem. Soc. 126, 4550–6.
- Moser, M.J. et al. (2005) Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 49, 3334–40.