Environmentally Preferable Products
Enabling sustainable practices in the life sciences workplace
Sustainable solutions from our lab to yours
With our growing portfolio of products, we want to make a conscious effort to help you be eco-conscious in your lab. Our environmentally preferable products use less packaging, fewer hazardous components and generate less waste. Promega products that incorporate these values are now identified with the Green Tree Logo (right) on product pages. These products can support your existing practices and empower you to discover new opportunities for advancing your sustainability efforts.
From the loading dock to the lab bench, small changes can make a big impact. At Promega, we are committed to demonstrating sustainability and corporate responsibility in all aspects of work life. These efforts branch out and benefit our workspaces and local communities, in addition to continued support for our customers on a global scale.
The benefits of going green
Promega offers a variety of environmentally preferable products, now recognizable by the Green Tree Logo on the product pages. From our formulation chemistries to our packaging, we’ve taken care to find ways to lower the environmental impact of our products, as well as lowered costs for you.
- Eliminates hazardous organic solvents
- No BME, chloroform, phenol, xylene
- No organic extractions
- No odor-causing compounds
- No animal-derived components
- RoHS 2 Compliance
- Avoids dry/gel ice and foam coolers with ambient shipping
- Shipments with fewer bottles and bulk options
- Custom sizing to further reduce packaging
- No printed protocols
Learn more about our new kit packaging »
- Enhanced stability allows for repeated use over long experiments to avoid multiple solutions
- Bulk kits and custom sizing to reduce excess reagents
- Multiplexing assays to minimize plastic ware
- No printed protocols
- Propagation model uses fewer vials and offers single cell shipment
Learn more about our electronic Certificate of Analysis documents »
Find your environmentally preferable products
We offer greener solutions for multiple applications. Environmentally preferable products are available for bioassays, cell health, genetic identity, genomics, reporter assays and transfection. Check back soon as we update product pages with the Green Tree Logo, along with more information to feature existing greener attributes.
Learn more about some of our environmentally preferable products:
- Proteinase K (Lyophilized)
- Proteinase K (PK) Solution
- Maxwell® HT 96 gDNA Blood
- ReliaPrep™ Large Volume HT gDNA System
- ONE-Glo™ EX Luciferase Assay System
- 1kb DNA Ladder
- BenchTop PCR Markers
- pGEM® DNA Markers
Need more information? As always, our friendly and knowledgeable global support team is available to answer your questions.
Use the Helix on-site stocking program to consolidate shipments and have the products you need on hand at all time. In addition to the reduced impacts during shipping, Promega also purchases carbon offsets for 100% of emissions from the Helix program.
Learn how Promega Custom Capabilities can reduce packaging, improve your workflow, or provide tailored solutions to meet your needs.
Learn how Promega Custom Capabilities can reduce packaging, improve your workflow, or provide tailored solutions to meet your needs.Contact our Custom Solutions Team »