Psychedelic Therapy in Society: 2019 International Forum on Consciousness Explores Transformative Potential of Psychedelics in Mental Health Treatment
Madison, WI USA. (March 6, 2019)
Researchers and thought leaders who investigate the potential of psychedelic therapies, including Dr. Robin Carhart-Harris, Head of Psychedelic Research at Imperial College London, will engage in a compelling exploration of “Psychedelic Therapy in Society: Exploring the Mechanisms of Action and Delivery of Care” at the 18th International Forum on Consciousness May 16–17, 2019, in Madison, WI.
The latest research in psychedelic therapy suggests the potential for a paradigm shift in how we approach treatment of depression, anxiety and certain forms of mental anguish. Academic research shows that a single dose in combination with preparation and follow-up could have an impact long after the substance has left the body. Questions remain around what exactly happens in the brain that facilitates such a transformation and how treatment of this nature can scale to meet dramatic need.
Find abstracts, schedules, speaker information and more at: btci.org/forum.
- What: 2019 International Forum on Consciousness – “Psychedelic Therapy in Society: Exploring the Mechanisms of Action and Delivery of Care”
- When: May 16–17, 2019
- Where: The BioPharmaceutical Technology Center on the Promega Campus, 5445 East Cheryl Parkway, Fitchburg, WI 53711
- Who: Open to the general public but limited to 300 participants
- Registration: Pre-registration is required. Visit: btci.org/forum.
- Heidi L. Allen, Ph.D., Associate Professor, School of Social Work, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Robin L. Carhart-Harris, Ph.D., Head of Psychedelic Research, Centre for Neuropsychopharmacology, Division of Brain Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
- Tania de Jong, AM, Singer, Speaker, Social Entrepreneur; Founder Mind Medicine Australia, Creative Universe, Creative Innovation Global and Creativity Australia, South Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Adam Halberstadt, Ph.D., Assistant Adjunct Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA
- Jack Henningfield, Ph.D., Vice President, Research, Health Policy and Abuse Liability, Pinney Associates, Bethesda, MD & Professor, Adjunct, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD.
- John D. McCorvy, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Cell Biology, Neurobiology & Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Stevens Rehen, Ph.D., Chief of Scientific Programs and Outreach, D’Or Research and Education Institute (IDOR); Full Professor, Biomedical Sciences Institute, Universidad e Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Will Siu, M.D., DPhil, Psychiatrist, New York, NY
- Craig A. Vercruysse, MBA, Partner, Moss Adams, San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Bennet A. Zelner, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Robert H. Smith School of Business. University of Maryland, College Park, MD
The International Forum on Consciousness is a yearly event dedicated to information-sharing and discussion regarding important—and often challenging—topics related to the exploration of consciousness. It is co-hosted by the BioPharmaceutical Technology Center Institute (BTC Institute) and Promega Corporation.
About the BTC Institute
The BTC Institute is a not-for-profit organization operated exclusively for educational, scientific and cultural purposes. Learn more about its K–12 programs, scientific course offerings, and annual educational forums and symposia at: btci.org.
About Promega Corporation
Promega Corporation is a leader in providing innovative solutions and technical support to the life sciences industry. The company’s 4,000 products enable scientists worldwide to advance their knowledge in genomics, proteomics, cellular analysis, drug discovery and human identification. Founded in 1978, the company is headquartered in Madison, WI, USA with branches in 16 countries and over 50 global distributors. For more information about Promega, visit www.promega.com.