Technical Services Scientist
Find Current Openings By Country
JOB TITLE: Technical Services Scientist
JOB OBJECTIVE: Learn and provide technical support to regional distributors and customers on Promega's products, related applications and document information into database.
- Learn and provide technical support on Promega products and related applications associated with this group via telephone, computer (e-mail and internet) to customers and distributors.
- Track, record and document relevant information from technical inquiries on Promega's contact management systems as defined by corporate and department guidelines.
- Perform follow-up on customer calls as required.
- Collaborate, communicate and liaise with Technical Services Department at Promega USA to resolve technical issues as needed.
- Learn to act as a liaison between the customer and various departments at Promega including Technical Services Department at Promega USA to refine existing products and pursue suggestions for new products and procedures.
- Receive training and provide technical support on new products and related applications as new products are launched.
- Learn to manage time to accomplish assigned project work not completed during phone time (project work includes essential duties #2-#6 above as well as items under occasional duties including, but not limited to customer follow-up calls, translating/proofing technical literature, develop understanding of Promega products, resources and processes, etc.).
- Develop customer service and information management skills.
- Will understand and comply with all elements of the Promega Quality System outlined for the position.
- Translate, proof and edit technical and marketing support literature including, but not limited to, Technical Bulletins/Manuals, Certificates of Analysis and Promega Notes articles.
- Learn to assist with the development and presentation of and observe technical training, lectures and seminar programs to Promega Beijing staff, distributors, customers and other Technical Service Scientists.
- Visit customers to help troubleshooting as needed.
- M.S./PhD degree in molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry or related area.
- Minimum 3 years lab experience and proven knowledge and understanding of core applications of molecular biology, cell biology and/or protein biochemistry.
- Ability to discuss fundamentals, principles and technical theory of experimental design, techniques and results in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Customer service skills with a dedication to customer support.
- Technical competency with the ability to stay current in technical knowledge to troubleshoot technical questions from customers and provide information back to the customer in a helpful, courteous, positive and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently with moderate supervision as well as proven team participation skills.
- PhD in molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry or related area.
- Highly self-motivated; an independent worker.
- Broad technical base; able to communicate effectively about a wide variety of technologies.
- Previous skills in oral presentations, teaching, training and technical writing/editing.
- Resource awareness -know where to go to find answers.
- Continuous use of the computer, using the keyboard and mouse, as well as the ability to use the computer simultaneously while on the telephone.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with customers via the telephone.
- Ability to travel.
How To Apply
To apply, please follow the link below.
Promega Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.