Originally, founded in 1978 in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, Promega has branches in 16 countries and more than 50 global distributors serving 100 countries. A cornerstone of Promega business practice is supporting customers, community and employees.
For over 35 years, Promega has consistently integrated the values of corporate responsibility and sustainable business practices into all aspects of our corporate culture and activity. We realize that our success depends upon the connections we forge among our customers, community and employees.
Promega Biotech Ibérica S.L. was incorporated in 2005 and our office is located in the city of Alcobendas, located in the north of Madrid, in the business district Arroyo de la Vega.
Consistently driving forward towards excellent local service Promega is looking for you as
Sales Development Specialist
The Sales Development Specialist will implement training and assist with on-going evaluations of sales process, sales tools, and customer interactions. This individual will work with the Manager, Sales Development, by evolving strategies and improving systems that will result in enhanced customer support and strong relationships throughout the global organization. Train customer facing staff via in person, remote and asynchronous methods.
Field and Demo related duties:
1. Develop and present sales trainings for a variety of audiences and programs (e.g. new sales staff trainings, product trainings, sales process trainings).
2. Lead regional sales trainings that may require certification in specific techniques, e.g. SPIN.
3. Work closely with sales teams and Manager, Sales Development to provide feedback to ensure sales training needs are being met. Proactively identify areas where managers could utilize coaching tools.
4. Understand the use of and provide training on current sales tools (e.g. CRM, Power BI) and sales techniques/processes, such as Miller Heiman and SPIN Selling.
5. Translate training concepts into practical and actionable sales activities.
6. Collaborate with Scientific Training, SBU’s and Manager, Sales Development to enable the sales staff with sales content and sales skills when positioning new products.
7. Demonstrate team skills by working cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
8. Flexible in handling change and able to respectfully navigate a diverse set of business and cultural needs.
9. Keep pace with sales and training trends and best practices. Bring new ideas to Sales Development team for consideration.
10. Understand and comply with ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
11. Incorporate Emotional and Social Intelligence principles into Promega’s sales processes.
1. Co-travel with sales field representatives. Coaching on training concepts during sales activities. Work with Manager, Sales Development to respond appropriately to requests from Branch Sales Managers.
2. Create, review, and maintain training solutions in the Promega Learning Management System.
3. Other duties as assigned.
1. BS or BA (MS, or Ph.D. preferred) degree in a life sciences related discipline.
2. 3 years sales or sales training experience.
3. Proven ability to develop, grow and maintain strong relationships.
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), e-mail and the use of the Internet.
5. Clear and effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
6. Has an approachable manner that encourages interaction with others.
7. Proven experience in working cooperatively in a team environment.
8. Ability to work independently and self-motivated.
1. Perform other duties as required.
2. Previous experience giving oral presentations, teaching, or training others.
3. Minimum 2 years previous experience with the Promega Field Sales organization.
1. Ability to use computers, tablets, and mobile devices for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to travel up to 30% of time, including internationally.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Information about data protection:
Responsible for the treatment: Promega Biotech Ibérica S.L. (hereinafter Promega), Avda. Bruselas 5, plant 2, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid, telephone: + 34-91.661.31.28 and electronic contact address: firstname.lastname@example.org is responsible for the processing of personal data that the interested fill in the form and the contents in the curriculum vitae and / or the cover letter that, if applicable, the interested party attaches when sending the form (hereinafter the personal data).
Contact of the Promega Data Protection Officer: email@example.com.
Need of treatment: The communication of personal data is voluntary but if the interested party does not provide them, they will not be able to participate in the selection process.
Purpose of the treatment: Personal data will be processed to manage the interested party's participation in the selection process and assess their candidacy for the vacant position as well as contact the interested party to communicate their selection or discard the selection process.
Legitimation of the treatment The legitimate basis of the treatment is the consent that the interested party grants to Promega by sending the form with their personal data filled in and accompanying, where appropriate, the curriculum vitae and / or the letter of presentation.
Recipients: Personal data will not be communicated to third parties, except legal obligation.
International transfers: Personal data will be transferred by Promega to the Promega Corporation with authorization from the Spanish Data Protection Agency, based on the signing of a contract that includes the standard contractual clauses provided for in current legislation for managers. of the treatment, whose copy is available by written request to Promega addressed to Avda. Bruselas 5, plant 2, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid and / or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conservation: Personal data will be kept as long as the interested party does not request the deletion of the data and / or the interested party deletes their personal data through their profile. Likewise, personal data will be kept during the legal deadlines for the fulfillment of obligations and attention of possible responsibilities.
Rights: The interested party may exercise their rights of access, rectification, deletion, opposition, limitation to treatment, portability, right to withdraw their consent at any time, without affecting the legality of the treatment based on the consent prior to its withdrawal and the right not to be the subject of a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, by means of a written request to Promega addressed to Avda. Bruselas 5, plant 2, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid and / or email: julian. email@example.com, must indicate the right exercised and prove your identity by any document that identifies you. Likewise, the interested party has the right to file a claim with the Spanish Data Protection Agency, C / Jorge Juan 6, 28001 Madrid, www.agpd.es, telephones 901 100 099 - 912 663 517, when he considers that he has not been satisfied the exercise of any of your rights. Prior to any claim and voluntarily, the interested party can contact the Data Protection Officer of Promega Biotech Ibérica S.L. by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your application in English via the following link: https://careers-promega.icims.com/jobs/2612/job
Promega Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.