Originally, founded in 1978 in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, Promega has branches in 16 countries and more than 50 global distributors serving 100 countries. A cornerstone of Promega business practice is supporting customers, community and employees.
For over 35 years, Promega has consistently integrated the values of corporate responsibility and sustainable business practices into all aspects of our corporate culture and activity. We realize that our success depends upon the connections we forge among our customers, community and employees.
Promega Biotech Ibérica S.L. was incorporated in 2005 and our office is located in the city of Alcobendas, located in the north of Madrid, in the business district Arroyo de la Vega.
Consistently driving forward towards excellent local service Promega is looking for you as
Field Support Scientist - Clinical (Europe)
Provides European technical and sales support to customers in the application of STR products and services outside of forensics and paternity including data analysis and interpretation. Position will support customers across various segments in Europe including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, academia and clinical.
Candidate will work out of home. Preferably near a major Airport.
Field and Demo related duties:
1. Develop and conduct product demonstrations and trainings in customer laboratories as the “technical product expert” for the chemistries, related instrumentation, and applications. Focus will be on the Clinical application of STR chemistries and capillary electrophoresis-based analyses. Provide technical advice, troubleshoot, and provide product recommendations and solutions.
2. Partner with regional/European sales staff to answer questions regarding Promega products and technologies. Partner with Technical Service to report customer feedback, report incidents and to collaborate to address customer inquiries. Provide pre- and post-sale support as needed.
3. Collaborate with European Sales and Branches, Scientific Applications, Global Clinical Collaborations Management Team, Technical Services and Clinical Marketing team to coordinate and schedule in field reagent demonstrations and trainings. Actively provide feedback regarding customer requirements, success, general product improvements and customer perceptions of competitor product offerings and how Promega products compare.
In-house and product application related duties:
4. Perform application experiments as assigned based on customer requirements/concerns and corporate need. Generate laboratory data that contributes to the understanding of the technical challenges and benefits associated with reagents, instrumentation, and integration. Maintain clear and complete records of laboratory procedures, communicate results and complete Field Trip Reports. Initial focus of application work will be on STR reagents, applications and related instrumentation.
5. Work cooperatively and effectively with European Sales, Global Marketing, Technical Services, R&D, Scientific Application and other Field Support Scientist as required, to support improvements in the design, application, sales and support of Promega products and processes.
6. Stay current in technical knowledge in order to provide recommendations and troubleshoot technical questions from customers. Provide information to customers in a positive and professional manner
7. Evaluate, validate, and comment on products and related protocols in new product development as defined by the design control aspect of our quality system. Provide feedback to product teams as an internal field test when necessary.
8. Understands and complies with ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Attend meetings, seminars, conferences to support Promega Marketing and European Sales by presenting seminars, assisting with tradeshow activities and related.
1. BS/MS/PhD degree in forensic science, molecular biology, cell biology, or related life science area.
2. 7 or more years lab experience with knowledge of Nucleic Acid extraction, quantification, normalization, and analysis, as well as associated equipment (e.g. capillary electrophoresis, qPCR, RT-PCR, next generation sequencing). Proven experience in the use of STR products and data analysis.
3. Proven software experience using programs including, but not limited to: GeneMapper®, Softgenetics’ GeneMarker and ChimerMarker softwares®, Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
4. Comfortable with giving presentations and speaking in front of large audiences with the ability to think quickly to effectively address customer questions.
5. Customer service skills with a dedication to customer support.
6. Excellent problem-solving skills.
7. Well organized, self-driven and able to prioritize workload and schedule, manage multiple projects, meet aggressive deadlines and work in an environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
8. Ability to discuss fundamentals, principles and technical theory of experimental design, techniques, and results in a concise and professional manner.
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Communicate with customers and staff via telephone, email and in person. Can write instructions and reports.
10. Experience with handling biological samples, some of which may be potentially infectious samples. Understanding of appropriate biosafety techniques.
11. Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport.
1. Clinical laboratory or related experience; next generation sequencing expertise; direct experience using Promega chemistries and/or competitive products preferred.
2. Proven ability to lead and contribute intellectually to team-directed, multi-disciplinary projects.
3. Prior experience in a position requiring customer interaction and product support within the life science or clinical industry (Technical Service, Sales, Marketing, Product Management, etc.).
1. Ability to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 lbs. required.
2. Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to drive.
4. Ability and willingness to maintain a domestic and international travel schedule up to 50%, occasionally on short notice.
5. Candidate will work out of home, preferably near a major airport.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Information about data protection:
Responsible for the treatment:Promega Biotech Ibérica S.L. (hereinafter Promega), Avda. Bruselas 5, plant 2, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid, telephone: + 34-91.661.31.28 and electronic contact address: email@example.com is responsible for the processing of personal data that the interested fill in the form and the contents in the curriculum vitae and / or the cover letter that, if applicable, the interested party attaches when sending the form (hereinafter the personal data).
Contact of the Promega Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need of treatment: The communication of personal data is voluntary but if the interested party does not provide them, they will not be able to participate in the selection process.
Purpose of the treatment: Personal data will be processed to manage the interested party's participation in the selection process and assess their candidacy for the vacant position as well as contact the interested party to communicate their selection or discard the selection process.
Legitimation of the treatment The legitimate basis of the treatment is the consent that the interested party grants to Promega by sending the form with their personal data filled in and accompanying, where appropriate, the curriculum vitae and / or the letter of presentation.
Recipients: Personal data will not be communicated to third parties, except legal obligation.
International transfers: Personal data will be transferred by Promega to the Promega Corporation with authorization from the Spanish Data Protection Agency, based on the signing of a contract that includes the standard contractual clauses provided for in current legislation for managers. of the treatment, whose copy is available by written request to Promega addressed to Avda. Bruselas 5, plant 2, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid and / or email: email@example.com.
Conservation: Personal data will be kept as long as the interested party does not request the deletion of the data and / or the interested party deletes their personal data through their profile. Likewise, personal data will be kept during the legal deadlines for the fulfillment of obligations and attention of possible responsibilities.
Rights: The interested party may exercise their rights of access, rectification, deletion, opposition, limitation to treatment, portability, right to withdraw their consent at any time, without affecting the legality of the treatment based on the consent prior to its withdrawal and the right not to be the subject of a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, by means of a written request to Promega addressed to Avda. Bruselas 5, plant 2, 28108 Alcobendas, Madrid and / or email: julian. firstname.lastname@example.org, must indicate the right exercised and prove your identity by any document that identifies you. Likewise, the interested party has the right to file a claim with the Spanish Data Protection Agency, C / Jorge Juan 6, 28001 Madrid, www.agpd.es, telephones 901 100 099 - 912 663 517, when he considers that he has not been satisfied the exercise of any of your rights. Prior to any claim and voluntarily, the interested party can contact the Data Protection Officer of Promega Biotech Ibérica S.L. by email: email@example.com.
Please send your application in English via the following link: https://careers-promega.icims.com/jobs/2528/field-support-scientist---clinical-%28europe%29/job
Promega Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.