The individual should have a strong background in life science research to a minimum PhD level. Previous sales experience within the life science field is essential, preferably in the Pharma/Biotech/CRO market sector. Promega places strong emphasis on building highly collaborative relationships with customers so excellent communication and relationship building skills are key.
The individual should be able to demonstrate drive to meet or exceed sales targets, be well organized, and act as a team player at all times. They should have with excellent time-management, communication skills and be highly customer-focused. In addition, they should be well versed in office-based computer packages (especially Excel) with previous experience of using and reporting on CRM and revenue data.
Role and Key Responsibilities
- A professional sales role to develop sales within Key commercial accounts in Cambridge and the South East region of the UK
- Selling an extensive range of highly innovative life science products and customized solutions to Pharma, Biotech and CRO accounts
- Deliver a high level of personal service to customers at all times.
- Build, execute and deliver strategic goals for the territory.
- Communicate internally in an effective manner using existing tools and methods.
- Maintain a customer relationship management (CRM) database for customers in the territory.
- Build revenue budgets for key accounts.
- Continue collaborative customer interactions and build awareness of Promega in all accounts.
- Continue technical learning of products as they come to market.
- Prospect and map new customers while identifying relevant customers for new product launches.