Service Engineer Instrumentation - Italy Based
Find Current Openings By Country
Consistently driving forward towards excellent local service Promega is looking for you as
Service Engineer Instrumentation - Italy Based
Pre and post-sale instrument service support, instrument installation and preventive maintenance support for internal and external customers, requiring domestic and international travel (up to 70% of the time). Make and implement recommendations to improve service processes and provide serviceability feedback, Manage local stocks of spare parts for use in normal service business activities. Act as customer liaison in complex support scenarios to ensure issue resolution and overall customer satisfaction.
- Participate in all operational aspects of instrument service depot support and instrument field support. This will include pre- and post-sales support, installation, customer training, instrument preventive maintenance, repair, and service support. Effectively identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve them.
- Develop and support strong internal and external customer relationships by acting as a liaison between the customer and various departments at Promega bringing field issues in house and providing necessary follow up.
- Communicate with the customer to ensure satisfaction and implement any necessary corrective actions.
- Deploy and recommend improvements to equipment installation and operational qualification test plans and protocols in accordance with design requirements, operational needs, and applicable standards.
- Coordinate with Technical Service, Quality Assurance, Engineering and Software Development to collect information on specific technical hardware / software / system performance related issues to help determine root cause, identify alternatives, and assist in implementing a solution.
- Attend meetings, seminars, and customer site visits, requiring domestic and international travel mainly in EMEA region with occasional travel to USA. Be willing to travel up to 70% of the time.
Manage parts stocking and availability at the point of service to ensure availability of parts required to minimize customer downtime.
- Proactively update service documentation and SOP’s to drive process improvement resulting in improved customer experience. Continuously update CRM system with customer, instrument, and ticketing information. Document all relevant procedures in ERP system.
- Provide feedback regarding changes, improvement, and updates to service documentation.
- Understands and complies with ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
- Third level qualification in Electrotechnical, electronics or other engineering area, and at least 2 years’ hands-on field experience supporting laboratory instrumentation in the Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences / Diagnostics market or similar.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment with other Promega staff and external customers throughout the duration of assigned projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must speak conversational English and have good written English skills. Communicate with global customers and staff via telephone, email and in person. Can write instructions and reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Communicate with customers and staff via telephone, email and in person. Can write instructions and reports.
- Computer experience including CRM and ERP experience. In addition, ability to learn and use new programs as needed. Experience with Internet technology / network setup also desirable.
- Experience with handling biological samples, some of which may be potentially infectious samples. Understanding of appropriate biosafety techniques.
- Ability to work independently with moderate supervision and with other team members in a cooperative manner.
- Knowledge of instrument safety and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to speak multiple languages at a conversational level.
- Experience and knowledge of doing business with international colleagues and customers.
- Experience working in a GMP or ISO 9000 and/or ISO 13485 environment.
- Experience of giving training course /seminars relating to installing, repairing, and maintaining instrumentation in the life science field.
- Live close to an international airport with good connections.
- Ability to use standard laboratory equipment.
- Ability to wear safety equipment and follow safety guidelines while in the laboratory.
- Ability to lift and move packages weighing up to 30 kg as required.
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time, sometimes at short notice. Travel will include air travel as well as land. A full valid driving license is required.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Gli interessati, ambosessi (L. 903/77), possono inviare il proprio CV e lettera di presentazione (in Inglese) con espressa autorizzazione al trattamento dei dati personali, ai sensi del D.Lgs. 196/2003, citando rif. Eng-MI a: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promega Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.