Quantus™ Fluorometer: Simple, Sensitive DNA and RNA Quantitation
Highly sensitive, affordable, single-tube fluorometer.
Easy, intuitive controls.
Calculates concentration automatically.
Ready to use with QuantiFluor® Dyes, also compatible with other fluorescent assays.
Stores the last 20 readings. Can be connected to a computer to transfer data in real time.
Recommended for Next-Gen Sequencing. Used with several NGS systems, including Illumina (HiSeq/miSeq), Roche (454) and LifeTech (ion Torrent and ion Proton) Systems.
- Service & Support
- Fluorescence-based nucleic acid quantification methods are more sensitive than absorbance-based methods, allowing you to quantitate low-level DNA samples accurately.
- Use of the Quantus™ Fluorometer with QuantiFluor® Dyes provides sensitivities that are up to 200 times higher than that of absorbance-based quantitation using the NanoDrop® spectrophotometer, depending on the assay used.
- Quantus™ Fluorometer is ten times more sensitive than the Qubit® 2.0 Fluorometer when using the Promega QuantiFluor® dsDNA Dye. Using a standard protocol the dye can detect 50pg/ml dsDNA.
- Custom protocols can be created for the Quantus™ Fluorometer to detect even lower amounts.
- The sensitivity and broad dynamic range allow you to complement your absorbance-based methods and quantify your target molecule over a wider range of concentrations.
*Data presented are based on 1µl sample input per assay. Quantitation of more dilute samples is possible using more input dsDNA per assay.
- Two fluorescent channels:
- Red fluorescence channel: Excitation: 640nm shortpass (wavelengths up to 640nm); Emission 660–720nm
- Blue fluorescence channel: Excitation: 495nm shortpass (wavelengths up to 495nm); Emission 510–580nm
- Speed and convenience. The calibration process saves time by eliminating the need to generate a standard curve for each set of unknown samples. Simply measure the fluorescence of your blank sample and the standard that represents the highest point on your standard curve. The Quantus™ Fluorometer saves the calibration data for future measurements.
- Intuitive navigation and a large 3-inch liquid crystal display screen.
- Compact size at only 22.7 x 11.5 x 4.5cm.
- No computer is necessary to use the Quantus™ Fluorometer, but after installing the Quantus™ Software (free of charge) you can automatically transfer your quantitation results from the Quantus™ Fluorometer to a personal computer in real time.
- Easily customize sample names, and view concentration results, raw values, sample volumes and a quality check.
- Ability to easily export results into Microsoft® Excel.
The Quantus™ Fluorometer is backed by a one-year warranty.
To receive one additional year of replacement warranty, free of charge, register your instrument within 90 days from the date of purchase.
Your personal fluorometer could be as close as your nearest Helix® cabinet.
||22.7 × 11.5 × 4.5cm (L × W × H)
|Linear Dynamic Range
||Five orders of magnitude, assay-dependent
||Solid state silicon sensor
||Red: 640nm shortpass (wavelengths up to 640nm)
Blue: 495nm shortpass (wavelengths up to 495nm)
||Single-point (blank and standard)
||We recommend Axygen thin-walled PCR tubes (Axygen Cat.# PCR-05-C, available from Fisher or VWR)
|Automatic Sleep Mode
||After 1 hour of inactivity
||5V, 0.2A Maximum
|Operating System Requirements
(for optional Quantus™ Software)
|Windows® 8, Windows® 7 (32 or 64 bit)
.NET Framework 4.0 or later
At least one USB port available
Quantus™ Fluorometer is an ideal partner to the Maxwell® 16 Instrument.
The high sensitivity makes the Quantus™ Fluorometer perfect when working with samples types such as formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue that contain low levels of nucleic acid.
You can confidently quantify nucleic acid from FFPE tissues and proceed to your downstream assays, knowing that there is DNA or RNA present.
Successful and accurate quantification leads to higher success in downstream assays such as PCR, cloning, transfection and next-generation sequencing.
You can automatically transfer your quantitation results from the Quantus™ Fluorometer to a personal computer using the Quantus™ Software. Export results easily into Microsoft® Excel.