The PowerPlex® Y System allows co-amplification and three-color detection of twelve male-specific STR loci: DYS19, DYS385a/b, DYS389I/II, DYS390, DYS391, DYS392, DYS393, DYS437, DYS438 and DYS439 for databasing, forensic casework and relationship testing applications.
STR Analysis Using the PowerPlex® Y System
- Amplify 12 Y-STR loci in one reaction: Amplify the nine loci of the European minimal haplotype and endorsed by ISFG plus the two loci added to this panel by SWGDAM.
- Gain confidence when analyzing precious samples: Each lot provides reproducible results with 0.25ng of DNA. Additional studies show interpretable results with <0.25ng of=DNA
- Obtain only the male DNA profile: Each lot is tested to ensure no amplification with up to 100ng of female DNA, and additional studies show no amplification with >100ng of female DNA.
- Increase the likelihood of a full profile from degraded samples: Amplification products are all less than 335 bases.
- Gain flexibility: The system is compatible with the Applied Biosystems 3130 and 3130xl Genetic Analyzers and ABI PRISM® 3100, 3100-Avant and 310 Genetic Analyzers.