The PowerPlex® 16 HS System simultaneously co-amplifies all 13 CODIS STR loci, Amelogenin and two, low-stutter, highly discriminating pentanucleotide STR markers for databasing, forensic casework and relationship testing applications. The PowerPlex® 16 HS System is more tolerant of PCR inhibitors than competing STR systems and the PowerPlex® 16 System.
This system is compatible with the ABI PRISM® 310, 3100 and 3100-Avant Genetic Analyzers and Applied Biosystems 3130, and 3130xl and 3500 Genetic Analyzers.
For direct amplification of DNA stored on unwashed FTA® card punches, we recommend the PowerPlex® Direct Amp Reagent, Custom (Cat.# X7221X and X7271X). For more information, contact your local Promega Branch Office or Distributor. Direct amplification of samples punched from Bode Buccal DNA Collector™ devices should be preceded by a lysis step using the PunchPrep™ reagent. Contact Bode Technology for more information and protocols.
STR Analysis Using the PowerPlex® 16 HS System
- Increase your success rate. Reduce the need for re-amplification: The PowerPlex® 16 HS System master mix is more tolerant of PCR inhibitors than competitive STR systems.
- Gain confidence in analysis of precious samples: The PowerPlex® 16 HS System produces full profiles with 100pg of DNA.
- Resolve challenging cases: The 16 loci included are more discriminating than competitive systems.
- Amplify all 13 CODIS STR loci in one reaction: A full CODIS profile allows NDIS compatibility.
- Expect concordance with existing databases. Reduce revalidation burden: Primer sequences, dyes and ladders are all unchanged from the PowerPlex® 16 System.
- Make ordering and reaction assembly easier: Complete system includes Taq DNA polymerase in a convenient master mix. Size standard and amplification-grade water are included.