Plexor® Analysis Software (Forensic Version) Release History
Release Date: February, 2013
The following updates to the Plexor® Analysis Software will affect Plexor® HY users on supported instrument platforms:
- New software installer implemented.
- Added importers for:
- Applied Biosystems 7500 HID Real-Time PCR Analysis Software v1.1/SDS Version 2
- Applied Biosystems StepOne™ & StepOnePlus™ Real-Time PCR Systems
- BioRad CFX Real-Time PCR Detection Systems using CFX Manager Software
- Bio-Rad Chromo4™ Four-Color Real-Time PCR System
- Bio-Rad MiniOpticon™ Real-Time PCR Detection System
- Entry in "Operator" field is required in Import New Run Wizard Step 2 – Run Info.
- All instances of "Sample ID" have been changed to "Sample Name".
- Added option to export or import Sample Names, Sample Type (e.g., STD, NTC) and STD concentration values from ABI 7500 SDS file (SDS 1.4 and prior).
- From SDS export sample information using command "File > Export > Sample Setup".
- In Plexor® Analysis Software import sample information using command "File > Apply SDS Export File".
- Added option to export and import Sample Names specified in 7500 HID and SDS2 during run set-up.
- From HID and SDS2 software include "Sample Setup" as data export option during Export Data operation.
- Sample Names are automatically applied during import into Plexor® Analysis Software.
- If changes are made to Sample Names (Sample Names Tab), Accept and Cancel Changes buttons will appear and the operation must be confirmed.
- Revised options for saving and applying Run Templates or Analysis Templates:
- The Advanced Options section of the Step 3: File Import now shows whether a Default Template is defined for the Run or Analysis template. Clicking the Edit button will display the appropriate Template editor, in which user may select a template to be applied in subsequent import operations without opening the Template editor.
- Template editors now have a Defaults... pull-down menu, which includes functions to:
- Save the currently defined template as the default template (Note that a newly defined template must be saved first, via the Export function).
- Reset template to the default template
- Clear the default template.
- The Import and Export buttons in the Template editors have been removed, and functions are now selected via the pull-down menu.
- Run Template and Analysis Template may now be applied post-import:
- Select "File > Apply Run Template" or "File > Apply Analysis Template".
- Target names may be changed post-import:
- Double-clicking on the dye sub-tab in the PCR Curves window presents a Change Target Name dialog box where the target can be respecified.
- Added function to automatically rescale Y axis of PCR Curves graphs based on maximum and minimum values of selected well(s). Toggle function via "Windows > Rescale Graphs From Selected Wells".
- Added sort options for Graph Legends and Reports:
- Samples can be sorted by any column in the Report.
- Sorting by a secondary criterion can be done by holding the Shift key and clicking on another column. Shift-clicking multiple times will change from secondary sort ascending, to descending, to no secondary sort.
- Samples may be sorted by plate position column or row. Default sort is by column (A1, B1, C1, A2, B2, C2…). Right-clicking on the Results table now displays a Sort by Row option that can be checked or unchecked (A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3…).
- Import Files Report removed: Import file(s) are specified in Run Info Report, including Run and Analysis Templates, if used.
- Changed descriptions of [Auto] and [Y] and [Auto]/[Y] in the Forensics Report Change columns shown dialog box.
- Forensics Report "Change columns shown options now include Auto Cq and Y Cq".
- Forensic Report output (export or print) now includes standard curve metrics including equations, R2 values, and efficiency calculations.
- Added option to include Standard Curve charts in printed Forensic Reports.
- Added option to specify concentration in units of pg/µl. Default is ng/µl.
- pg/µl may be specified as an alternative in Set Normalization and IPC Parameters wizard.
- Added note in Set STR Normalization Wizard to remind user to correctly specify concentration values and units for standards: "If STR normalization targets are set to display as picograms, user must define standards using the same units (e.g., starting concentration in dilution series is 50,000 rather than 50)".
- Added concentration units to column headers in Forensics Report for [Auto] & [Y].
- Modified reporting of Averages in Forensics Report:
- Right-clicking on the Forensics Report now displays a "Display Average Rows" option that can be checked or unchecked to display or hide "Averages" of replicate samples.
- Average Rows are shown only for samples that have replicates (samples with identical Sample Name values). Single samples will have no Average Row displayed.
- If "Display Average Rows" is selected, then values are reported only for Average Rows in STR Normalization-related columns (e.g., Dilutions Status, Volume, Dilution Factor).
- Added functionality to cross-select samples between Forensics Report and PCR Curves tabs:
- Selecting Samples (rows) in the Forensics Report will cause the same samples (wells) to be selected in the PCR Curves tab, and vice versa.
- Increased significant digits in minimum and maximum sample DNA quantity selector in Set STR Normalization and IPC Parameters Wizard.
- IPC Status algorithm was modified for samples or "no template controls (NTC)" that show no amplification in the Auto assay (no Auto Cq). For such samples the reference used to check for IPC Cq shift (the reference used for "IPC Expected Cq") is the lowest concentration standard (the standard with the highest Auto Cq; if replicates are run then the average is used). In previous versions the highest concentration standard was used as the reference.
- Concentration values can be displayed using scientific notation or standard number format:
- Right-clicking on each report or in the Graph Legend in the PCR Curves tab now displays a Scientific Notation option that can be checked or unchecked.
- Four (4) significant figures are reported.
- Added option in Standard Curves graph to display only standards:
- Right-clicking on the Standard Curves plot now displays a Display Only Standards option that can be checked or unchecked.
- All instances of "Ct" have been changed to "Cq" (to conform to MIQE guidelines).
- Removed Select Previous Selection option from Edit menu; added "Clear selection" which results in de-selection of all wells.
- Disabled ability to edit sample names in the Sample Details Report.
- Removed sort and formatting options in the Run Info Report.
- Changed text "Adjust Expected Tm Value Wizard (PCR Curves Tab) to "Enter Target Value".
- Added option to export primary data from Plexor® Analysis Software to Excel® ("File > Export to Excel").
Release Date: January, 2008
The following updates were made to the software that affect Plexor® HY users on supported instrument platforms:
- User is now warned when overwriting an .AAN file using a newer version of the software
- Bug fixes to allow special cases of importing data from the BioRad iQ™5
- Corbett Rotorgene well selector layout is now in columns of 8 wells
- ABI SDS 1.4 files now import correctly when using the 21 CFR Part 11 option
- Improved Tm calling
- Added support for new Corbett CSV format
- Fixed issue with printing the Forensics Report with only a few columns selected
- Flipping melt curves no longer incorrectly sets the threshold when viewing in Gaussian mode
- Raw data graph now shows only raw data, even if curves are flipped
- It is no longer possible to delete all wells in an .AAN file
- Standard curve divider location no longer reset when changing tabs
- Fixed issue with moving columns in the graph legend and sorting based on well location
- Fixed issue with the "All" column checkboxes in the Sample Details report column dialog
- Fixed issue with exporting an Analysis Template with a passive reference
- Added support for Stratagene MxPro4.0 files
Release Date: August, 2007
Download the Forensic Release of the Plexor® Analysis Software.