Cell Line Authentication References
- Kerrigan, E. (2012) Working together to eradicate cell line misidentification and contamination: New practices and policy. Drug Discovery News 8(9), September 2012.
- Barralon, R., et al. (2010) Recommendation of short tandem repeat profiling for authenticating human cell lines, stem cells, and tissues. In Vitro Cell. Dev. Biol. Anim. 46(9), 727-32.
- Capes-Davis, A., et al. (2010) Check your cultures! A list of cross-contaminated or misidentified cell lines. Int. J. Cancer 127, 1–8.
- Nims, R., et al. (2010) Short tandem repeat profiling: part of an overall strategy for reducing the frequency of cell misidentification. In Vitro Cell. Dev. Biol. Anim. 46(10): 811–19.
- Hughes, P., et al. (2007) The costs of using unauthenticated, over-passaged cell lines: how much more data do we need? Biotechniques 43(5), 575, 577-8, 581-2.
- MacLeod, R.A,. et al. (1999) Widespread intraspecies crosscontamination of human tumor cell lines arising at source. Int. J. Cancer 83, 555–63.
- Stacey, G.N. (2000) Cell contamination leads to inaccurate data: We must take action now. Nature 403, 356.
- Nardone, R.M. (2007) Eradication of cross-contaminated cell lines: a call for action. Cell Biol. Toxicol. 23, 367–372.
- Nardone, R.M. et al. (2007) An open letter regarding the misidentification and cross-contamination of cell lines: significance and recommendations for correction. Addressed to U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, July 11th, 2007.
- Parson, W., et al. (2005) Cancer cell line identification by short tandem repeat profiling: power and limitations. FASEB J. 19(3), 434–36.
- Dirks, W.G. et al. (2010) Cell line cross-contamination initiative: an interactive reference database of STR profiles covering common cancer cell lines. Int. J. Cancer 126, 303–4.
- Masters, J.R. et al. (2001) Short tandem repeat profiling provides an international reference standard for human cell lines. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98, 8012–17.
- Lichter, P. et al. (2010) Obligation for cell line authentication: appeal for concerted action. Int. J. Cancer 126, 1.
- Freshney, R.I. Database of misidentified cell lines. Int. J. Cancer 126, 302.
- Butler, J.M. (2006) Genetics and genomics of core short tandem repeat loci used in human identity testing. J. Forensic Sci. 51, 253–65.
- Kerrigan, L., and Nims, R.W. (2011) Authentication of human cell-based products: the role of a new consensus standard. Regenerative Med. 6(2), 255–60.
- ATCC Standards Development Organization Workgroup ASN-0002 (2012) Cell line misidentification: the beginning of the end. Nature Reviews Cancer 10(6), 441–48.
- Masters, J.R. (2012) Cell-line authentication: End the scandal of false cell lines. Nature 492, 186. Published online 12 December 2012.
- Chatterjee, R., et al. (2007) Cell biology. Cases of mistaken identity. Science 315, 928–31.